Monday, May 08, 2006

Sleep Deprived...


Graduation went off without a hitch. I didn't trip, cry or have some other major mess-up. Although, it was rather discouraging to sit down, open my "diploma" and see that I have spent the past five years working towards a peice of white, semi-transparent tissue paper. Ok, so I have to finish my student teaching before I get my diploma, but over all the day was great!

One would think that after graduating from college you would be able to get a little bit of rest. Not so in my house. I had family and friends here throughout the weekend (loved it though) and then the bomb was dropped. My aunt and uncle (who are in evangalism) could find a motel at the next place they were going to that would take dogs. So, my mom, being the kind and wonderful person she is offered to dog-sit. Note: what she said was, "I don't mind taking care of him for the next few days." What she meant was, "Katie doesn't mind taking care of him for the next few days." Sunday morning rolls around. At 6:30 AM (MUCH sooner than I ever get up on Sunday's) Goliath - this miniture dog - desides it's time to get up. Not only was it time to get up, put it's time to play!!!! After much growling (from me not the dog) I got up, which was very hard to do since I HATE mornings. Fine, fine, what's a few less minutes of sleep for one night right? NO!!! That night, as I am getting ready for bed at 11 Goliath desides it is once again time to play. While I am scolding him, my phone rings and it's my friend reminding me that I'm supposed to take her to the airport at 4 the next morning. After spending what seemed like hours getting Goliath settled down, I sleep for three and a half short hours. But wait, there's more. After getting home from the airport at 6:15 I get ready and head out the door to drive 30 miles to my new student teaching placement. A month ago I had written to this teacher and told her I would meet her at 7:30, but she could contact me if that time didn't work. Upon arrival at the school at 7:30, I'm informed that school doesn't start till 9.

Well, I say all that to say - somethings never change. That's what I get for dog-sitting, working, student teaching, and being a friend all at once. I guess being busy is great way to help the time pass.

PS - Uncle Torrey - I'm just teasing about Goliath. He's a cutie!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home