Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Roses from Mom...


I love my parents more than anything! I came home from work today to find a dozen red roses in my room with a "congrats" card from my mom. For anyone that may not know, I wasn't really planning on finishing college. I didn't think I could, I had two teacher tell me that "college wasn't for me" and on more than one occasion I tried to find an excuse to quit. By, through it all, even when they my have had doubts themselves, my parents stood by me and kept me going on. Yes, there were times when the keeping on was basically an order from them, but they didn't give up on me. For that, I can never thank them enough, because without them I won't be here today. Tomorrow starts a busy time - rehersal, Baccalaureate, friends and family coming, and then Graduation on Friday. But I couldn't let this special time go by without a word to my parents.

Mom and Dad, I love you. Thank you for everything you have taught me, shown me and lead me to. You cheered me on, you encouraged me, you praised me, you taught me how to love God more than life, you let me make mistakes so I could learn from them rather than just doing everything for me, you guided me, you helped me up, and most of all you loved me each step of the way. I love you both!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home