Sunday, April 30, 2006

Pumping Gas...

For those of you that know me well, you know that if there were anything in this world that I would be it would be a wife and mother. However, at this point in my life I am far from that. I'm really excited about moving out and getting my own place and I know that in God's timing, I may have my hearts desire fullfilled. Until then I am enjoying every day of singlehood. At this point I'm sure your saying, "and what does this have to do with pumping gas?" Fair question, so let me explain.

Tonight, on the way to work, I had to stop and get gas. I do appreciate when a guy knows how to be a gentlemen and for the most part I don't stand around waiting for a guy to come along because "I'm a helpless girl." But tonight I was thinking I would really have liked to had a guy around. I know, my husband won't always go fill the car with gas for me, but tonight, when it was cold, windy and rainy I was wishing "Mr. Right" was there to pump the gas. Go ahead, call me names and say I'm just a hopeless romantic, but there are times when I girl needs to be a girl and wish that there were a desent guy in her life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Katie,
this is quite the controversial topic - although i am sure you didnt mean for it to be! you see, i know what you are saying, however, you must not look at the relationship and think "what will he do for me". love does not act that way, but rather the opposite, and anything like "pumping gas" is an added bonus! you are a wonderful girl! i am sure God will bless you with a guy that you will love so much - and he, you! for now...live free or die! (thats NH's state motto;))

5/01/2006 4:19 PM  
Blogger Katiebug said...

You're right, I totally didn't mean for it to sound like it did. I guess I would have been better off saying, "Have any guy in my life pump the gas - brother, father, even friend." I guess what I was trying to say was there are just some things that are more "guyish". If that makes any sence.

5/01/2006 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home