Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Big Day...

As I mentioned in my last post, graduation is here!! It's tomorrow!! This is a day I really never thought would be upon me, but at least, it is here. It is going to be a great day too I'm sure. I get to see old friends I have not seen for a while, I get to see lots of family (Grandpa and Grandma J, Grandma G, Uncle, Uncle and Aunt, three cousins, birthmom and husband, two brothers and two sisters and my parents) teachers I haven't seen due to student teaching and a host of other people. What a joy!!

What a great day! A day I never thought I would see. A day that is full of joy and sorrow, excitement and nerves, laughing and weaping, pride and humility. While all these are a part of the day, the most difficult part is the saying goodbye. The leaving friends, family and teachers that have been such a great part of my life the past few years. Yes, I've done a great deal of book learning the past few years, but it's the life lessons that have taught me the most. I know I will never be able to thank every person that has touched me life, but I hope they know how much they mean to me.

Thanks to the family members that have cheered me on through each and every step. Thanks to the roommates that put up with my crazy ideas and loud alarm clock. Thanks to the teachers who showed me that teaching is more than putting a lesson into a students head, but putting love into their hearts. Thanks to Mrs. Gould for the fun video (if you don't know what this is all about ask). Thanks to the friends who have taught me so much about life, love and that's it's ok to relax every once in a while. But most importantly, I thank the Lord for his never ending love and help each step of the way. There is not one ounce of me that thinks I could have even attempted this on my own. The Lord gives each day what we need for that day and nothing more.

Yes, I won't lie to you. I didn't really think this is the way I would be finishing college. No, I didn't think it would take me five years to get done. No, I didn't think I would be moving to Chicago after graduation. No, I didn't think I would be single. No, I didn't think I would be teaching. No, I think I would even finish college, but God has given me so much. And while the plans I had for my life are long gone, I know I'm exactly where God wants me to be today. So, for tomorrow, I'm going to enjoy the day. Live it to it's fullest and rejoice that this day is finally here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Congrats, Katie! I love the pics! you're gonna make a wonderful teacher...now you have paper as proof;P

5/05/2006 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home