Sunday, July 15, 2007

Tiffany...

This is really more of a personal note for my friend T (Tiffany), but I'll let the rest of you read it if you want;-)


You know those times when we need something, but we don't even know we need it. Well that's how it was for mine and T's relationship. We "met" on Aug 18, 2007. We met at new staff orientation. (For those of you reading in - the parenthasis are there because we were childhood friends just neither of us remember playing together countless times;-) We were both first year teachers and not sure what was going on. I remember sitting across the table from her in room 601 thinking "Is she a first year teacher? What grade is she going to be teaching? What's she like?" You know, all the "usual" questions we ask when meeting someone for the first time.


Well, over the next nine months we became great friends. In seprable actually. There were many times when someone would see me by myself and would say "Where's your pal Tiffany?" Our classes did things together. We went shopping together - in fact one time when we were shopping I picked out a dress to try on and she picked out a dress and went to the fitting room. After trying them on and showing them to each other neither of us were impressed by our selections, so I said, "Let's trade dresses." We did, and both loved the one the other had picked out more than the one we had picked out. We finished each other's sentences. Corrected each other when we were wrong. Listened to each other when one of us just needed to talk. Cried together when we went through struggles. Laughed at the hilarious things our students said. Made jewelry together. Went out to dinner together every Wednesday night between school and church. Worked in the nursery together. Encouraged each other and challenged each other.

We had the same taste in cloths, food, music, movies and coffee!!

Tiff, I miss you more than you know, BUT I couldn't be happier for you!! I couldn't even begin to thank you enough for the great year we had together. Ben is the luckiest guy on earth to have caught you! I wish you two the best as you start your lives together.
I had a great year! I love you and will miss you!

Katie





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest post ever! I almost started to cry, it reminds me of me and Bethanie!!!
Jackie A

7/30/2007 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home