Monday, March 09, 2009

Time goes by...

I was asked last night by a friend, to read her most recent blog posting. A posting in which, although I am not named, was also a part of so if you want to read it go ahead (jeneveradullmoment.blogspot.com). But that is not the topic of this post, even though it was the reminder that I needed to update my own.
I write today, for the first time in a long time, because I feel like I went back in time this weekend. Obviously you can't go back in time and realistically even if I could truly go back in time I'm not sure that I would want to. I am sure there are many actions, reactions, decisions, activities and words we would change if we could go back in time, but we can not. The Lord somehow uses our foolishness to complete His will, and many times uses the trials and mistakes we have made to help others we may meet.
I feel like I went back in time this weekend because I went back to the place I grew up. As many of you know, leaving there was the hardest trial I have ever been through, (read post "Chapter 23... from May 2006) and while I still hurt at the memories I was reminded of the goodness of God. I walked the halls I had walked hundreds of times, I drove on the streets I learned to drive on (and got my first tickets on!) and I talked to the people who shaped me to be the person I am today. While my heart hurts from the memories of goodbye, I had a new determination to make every day a day to remember. So often I live selfishly and seeking my own desires when all around me are friends, family and students that may not be around me tomorrow.
So while time marches on, relationships come and go, people touch our lives, and we grow older may I make today a day to remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home