Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer...

Wow, it's the last full week in July! Is that even possible? I guess so, time just marches on. August will be here before I even have time to blink.
I think I'm ready for a new school year. I'm looking forward to meeting those 21-27 students that will fill my classroom every morning for 180 days (give or a take a few here and there;-). I'm excited to learn all about them, find out what makes them tick, learn how to help them, laugh with them when they laugh, scold them when they're wrong, and love them - no matter what.
I miss my students from last year more than they will ever know, they will always have a special place in my heart because they were my "first". But my second is going to be great too!! My summer has been great! I've relaxed, worked, cleaned, moved, read, spent time with family and friends, swam, just had fun. But I'm ready to get back, ready to get up at 5:30 every morning, spend 12 hours in one room, wipe nose, pull teeth, correct papers, give out stickers, put up bulletin boards, bandage knees, encourage, reprimand, give handshakes, high fives, and hugs.
We teachers get a lot of slack for having the summer off, and we need it because of the things we have to do when we are working. But this teacher is more than ready for her summer to be done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home