Friday, February 10, 2006

Love...


With Valentine's Day right around the corner, love is on the minds and mouths of every one. Although I'm single and would love not to be, I know it is exactly what God has for me and so I am "therefore, whatsoever state I am there to be content". But I have to say a bit of love was given to me in a strange way today. In a way that I know I will never forget.

We had a half day today and one of my students who has been having some bad days lately, had an amazingly good day for him. He was taking a little longer to get ready to go so I took the rest of the class down to the doors where I let them out for the day. I went back up stairs and was engaging this boy in conversation and commenting to him how proud I was of him that he had such a wonderful day. We chatted as I started walking him down the stairs and he sort-of bounded ahead of me on the stairs. We were almost to the bottom when he jumped over the last few and started to walk quickly (basically run) and over his shoulder he yelled, "Bye Miss Jaspers. I love you." Then he turned around and gave me a big ol' smile and ran out the door.

I'll admit, I was hoping this year for Valentine's Day I would have the world's greatest boyfriend who couldn't wait to spend the day with me (I know, I'm working on getting my dreams to be more like reality) but I can't help but know that I have, in a small way, impacted a little boy who needs me right now. He needs love and I have more than enough to share with him.

"But the greatest of these is love" What kind of love are we looking for this year? I know I wasn't looking for this love, but it was more awesome that I could ever explain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home