Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Today was the day...


While I have had a wonderful time getting to know the students and teacher where I have been placed for student teaching, I haven't actually enjoyed the teaching. I'ver heard many teachers say, "I love to teach. It is just so fun to be at the front of the classroom and teach these students." I, however, had not had the privilege of saying that in this classroom yet. Today, as you may have been able to tell, was the day though. I had a blast teaching the class today. I have also come to the conclussion that in teaching the old saying, "It is better to give than recieve" is also true when it comes to homework:o)

Not only did I have a blast teaching, but I also had a chance to talk with a girl in the classroom next door that has been coming to King's Kid's at church. She also invited a friend and asked me if I would help her invite other friends. I don't know what the school's rules on that would be, but I'm definatly going to find out.

Then to top of this amazing day, my supervising teacher has begun to ask some questions. She is wanting to know more about why Maranatha students do what they do and why I would ever want to teach in a Christian school. I'm really looking forward to having more conversations with her and hopefully have the chance to plant some seed in her heart. Please pray for me as I continue to let others see Christ in me.


I have to ask, how to explain to some one God's will for your life, when they just live life however they want? I would love some help with this one.

Have a great day everyone and remember people do notice how we live even if we don't know them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Kate, that's awesome! I'm so excited for you and all the opportunities to you'll have to witness. I'll have to ponder your question for a bit...so maybe I'll just email you sometime... :)

2/01/2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger Kutzie said...

well, you could start out with that God's will for everyone is to know him. Since you're saved, you have a different focus. While being tactful, you can say that if she asked you. You believe in an eternity, and you want your life to count for something more than just the temporal. I don't know if that helps you or not. I am missing you very much! We HAVE to get together sometime. I'm on campus now in melford 102, so come visit or call or something. Love you! I'll be praying for you!

2/05/2006 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home