Thursday, January 26, 2006

Another day, another lesson...

Throughout life we learn many lessons. The most valuable lesson often come to us in the most unique ways.

While I am continueing to enjoy student teaching, I can't help but continue seeing the lost souls. How can I truly impact these young lives if we are not leading them to the ultimate truth. The truth of God's love and forgiveness of them. These young people have such an emptiness that needs to be filled. While I can, in some ways fill this emptiness for some of these students, they will never feel real love unless they come to Christ. How can I tell them of Christ and yet abide by the standard of the public school? When you hear two 2nd graders arguing about whether or not there is a God, what can I say to them? Is my love really touching them in a way that will lead them to search for God as they grow? Although I would say what most of the kids need is a bath and some real love and disapline, I can't help but see their hearts - empty and looking for something to fill them? What will fill them? While my "teaching" put an educational hunger as well as a spiritual hunger into their young lives?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home