Thursday, January 26, 2006

Never a dull moment...


There is one boy in the classroom that we have had trouble with when it comes to lying (and I’ve only been here four days). During small group activities, that particular boy came to me and said, “Miss Jaspers, so-and-so just jabbed himself in the head with his pencil and it is sticking straight out of his head.” Well, me, being the untrained, unbelieving person that I am told him, “You worry about you and let so-and-so worry about so-and-so.” Who would have ever thought that when he said, “so-and-so jabbed his pencil into his forehead” that he really meant that it happened!!! Not me, that’s for sure. A few seconds later I looked over and saw the boy that had “jabbed his pencil into his head” talking with my supervising teacher. She sent him to the office, so I went to talk to her about it. Come to find out, he had stabbed himself in the head with a pencil, but not deep enough to make it really “stick out of his head.” There were also several “lead marks” on his head, like he had tried several times before he actually broke through the skin. So, the next time some one comes up to you and says, “He jabbed a pencil in his head and it’s sticking straight out.” Remember that there was some one else in this world crazy enough to do it too.

3 Comments:

Blogger theJRT said...

O WOW! I don't think I've ever tried stabbing myself with a pencil. That's... different.

1/26/2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger justinic9 said...

Pencils and I have had our share of run-ins. I tripped once whilst carrying a pencil, and it stuck in my hand. In a separate, non-related incident, my brother stabbed me in the leg with a pencil and broke the lead off in my leg. You can still see the spot.

1/28/2006 4:14 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

So one time when i was in 6th grad i was wearing sandals and a stepped funny and somehow a pencil went into the side of my sandal and into the bottom of my foot! my mom said i couldn't go on vacation w/ my grandparents until i got the lead out of my foot (although we all know that it is NOT lead...). Anyway, so i soaked my foot for what seemed like days and it never came out, but i told my mom i did so i could go on vacation...the pencil piece is still in my foot to this day - you can see it through my skin! (just thought you'd want to know that!)

1/29/2006 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home