Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It's been a while...


Wow, I have not written on here for so long!! I feel like I'm in withdrawl. I have noticed, however, than many other people have not kept up their blogs either, so I don't see quite as bad. I think we are all finally getting into the real drag of the every day work and no fun mode. Besides, I have some amazing news to share. Have you ever noticed the really cool look that kids get on their faces when they are totally happy about something? Well, that how I feel right now, that's why I put that super cute picture on here.

Not going to share anything about student teaching today (except that one of those pesky little rugrats gave me strep throat - so stay away for the next 24 hours till my meds kick in). What I want to share is just totally awesome.

Last year I started babysitting for a number of families in the area. One of whom has started coming to church and the mom (who comes faithfully Sunday all day, Tues. Bible study, and Wed. night) joined the church on Jan. 1. She had been saved for a while, but has not been going to really good churches. Her comment to me was that she was "tired of a feel good Jesus." Praise the Lord for His awesome work!!!

Then tonight, I got a call from a police officer (don't worry, I know you all think it is because I'm in major trouble) whom I babysit for as well. He and his wife are Catholic, but about two-half/three years ago they adopted two children and they want to get their kids into church and they are not at all happy with Mass. Wow! God is really doing some great work. This particular family contacted MBBC looking for a sitter because they view Maranatha students as great kids (boy, we sure have them fooled;-)

Please pray that God will continue to work in these families and that there will be many more families in the future that will be impacted by our Maranatha family as well as our own personal Christian testimonies.

2 Comments:

Blogger justinic9 said...

Katie, it's awesome to see God working through your life. Continue to be a testimony for Him. And keep us updated with all He does through you.

Oh, and I hope you get over your strep throat soon. I know how not-fun it can be.

2/09/2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a great God we have! I am so glad that even today in our little town we can see God working in people's lives - yours and unsaved families!
about the whole strep throat thing, dont blame the kid, they probably got it from a pesky parent!

2/10/2006 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home